Cerakote and Keyboard Repair Commissions
What is Cerakote?
Cerakote is a heat resistant, chip resistant, ceramic coating that can be applied to any metal or heat resistant plastic. Any color can be applied with options for color shifts, splatters, fades, metallic pearls, and many more. We even offer color matching! The possibilities are endless with cerakote. If you are interested in potentially getting a keyboard cerakoted or any other items, please follow the steps down below.
Keyboard Repairs: In addition to cerakote, we do repair keyboards. Repairs can range from dents large and small to scratches. Repairs start at 20 dollars and are subject to increase depending on the repair. After repair, we then would cerakote your board to provide an even finish throughout. Repairs will not be visible after cerakote.
If you are interested, please follow the steps down below and state that you are also interested in getting your keyboard repaired.
Weight Cleaning: Tired of dirty raw weights? We offer natural patina weight cleaning and clear cerakote. This will help protect your weight from any unwanted patina whilst giving it an optional clear or matte coating.
If you're interested in getting your weight cleaned, please feel free to contact us and we can show you what we can do!
Cerakote Effects include
Splatter, Infill, Weathered, Gradient, Metallic Color Shift, and Metallic Pearl
1. Please fill out the form down below for a specific quote, cerakote questions, or any assistance and we will be more than happy to help you out! We may also assist you in finding your preferred color or theme.
2. Prices are as varies
40% - Single color - 120 USD
60/65% - Single color - 160 USD
75% - Single color - 190 USD
TKL/80% - Single color - 200 USD
Full Sized Keyboard - Single color - 225 USD
3. Shipping: Upon confirmation of color and/or theme, we will have you ship out your keyboard to our facility that will be provided in the conversation. The shipping form is included and attached in the emailed response. At this time, we will also provide an invoice.
4. Preparation: Please only send the items that will be cerakoted screwed together to ensure no damage is caused in transit. Please do not send us any keycaps, PCBS, daughter-boards etc. unless specified or used for color matching.
5. Arrival: Upon the arrival of your items, we will prepare and ensure your order is ready to be processed by our team. The current wait time is around 3-5 weeks after your items have been delivered. After completion, you will be sent a picture and tracking so you can ensure your items are received. The last thing we want to do is rush your items and not allow for our highest quality of work.
Can I order in bulk?
If you are interested in any bulk items or collaborations, please feel free to reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices listed above includes, sand blasting, cleaning, cerakote, and oven curing for a single color. Prices may vary with different effects and colors such as metallic pearls and color shifts.
1. What colors can you do? At the moment, color matching is 15$, just provide a pantone and we can get a close match. You could check out cerakote.com for any color that they offer.
2. Can you cerakote brass, copper or stainless steel? Any metal can be Cerakoted and heat cured.
3. Do we strip the previous coating prior to cerakote? Yes! We must strip any previous anodizing or coating to ensure a strong bond between the metal and the cerakote. This being said, we can only cerakote full pieces. We are unable to cerakote a certain location without it looking apart from the rest of the piece.
4. What are your turnaround times? The current wait time is around 3-4 weeks after your items have been delivered. After completion, you will be sent a picture and tracking so you can ensure your items are received. The last thing we want to do is rush your items and not allow for our highest quality of work!
While we do offer color matching, this is not a 100% color match as the color will alter depending on the material it is applied on and may alter slightly after curing. We are determined to achieving the closest color match to our ability. We are not responsible for any lost packages that are either headed or leaving our facility. We are not responsible for any damaged keyboards in addition to damages during shipment if no carrying case is provided. If we are clear coating a raw keyboard or weight, we are not responsible for any imperfections in the metal.
All the cerakote is completed in-house. As much as we would love for all items to be perfectly flawless, this is simply a limitation of the cerakote process. There may be small granular specs under the surface in addition to the more than coarse internal surfaces compared to the exterior.